HinduVote.com is a forum designed to further the following objectives:
- Greatly increase the Hindu American community’s civic participation in the political process
- Aid this affluent minority community in better understanding the candidates running for office in their locality, and
- Assist candidates nationwide in better understanding the Hindu American community.
The importance of Hindu vote has been articulated in an article in Washington Examiner article: The Hindu vote will carry historic weight in the midterm election
A few details about the Hindu American community:
- According to a 2012 Pew Research Center report, “Asian Americans: A Mosaic of Faiths”, the Hindu population in the United States is the 8th largest in the world; 10% of Asian Americans, who together account for 5.8% of the US population, are followers of the Hindu faith.
- According to a 2016 Pew Research Center report, “The Most and Least Educated U.S. Religious Groups”, Hindu Americans are the most highly educated religious group in America, with over 77% of Hindu Americans holding a college degree. Nearly half of Hindu American adults hold postgraduate degrees.
- According to a 2016 Pew Research Center report, “How Income Varies among U.S. Religious Groups”, Hindu Americans have one of the highest household incomes of all religious groups in America. It is considered to be one of the richest religious groups in America.
- Hindu Americans hold top leadership positions in major American companies in all sectors of life in the United States. Hindu American CEOs currently head US companies that earned over $450 billion in 2020.
START OF QUESTIONNAIRE
- Tell us who you are and why you want to serve in Congress (optional):
- What is your theory on how society ultimately changes for the better? (optional)
- What are the top three priorities for your campaign? (optional)
GROWING HINDU HATE: There are growing instances of targeted hate against Hindus in America? What do you believe is the role of elected officials in addressing it?
EDUCATION AND ADMISSIONS POLICIES: Given the recent case of ‘Students for Fair Admissions v. President and Fellows of Harvard College- (Docket 20–1199) currently pending before the US Supreme Court, what are your thoughts on merit-based admissions policies versus race-focused admission policies? Should one take precedent over the other?
IMMIGRATION POLICIES: Currently, the green card process for high skilled professionals can take up to a decade to complete. Do you support expediting green cards for high-skilled professionals?
INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS: Do you support the human rights of persecuted religious minorities in authoritative theocracies? For example, do you believe that US Foreign Policy and US Aid should take into account the egregious abuses of Hindu and other religious minorities in countries such as Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan?
FOREIGN POLICY: What are your views on US Foreign Policy that advocates for the interference in the sovereign rights of a democratic ally like India? What are your thoughts on the current and future relationships between these two democratic nations: US and India?
ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS: What is your position on the promotion of renewable energy and environment protection?
GUN CONTROL: What is your position on gun control?
ABORTION: What is your position on abortion?