No place for Buddhists with Joe Biden’s identity politics?
Turn now to the Democratic National Convention (DNC). If it’s any consolation to Ajay Shah and others sharing a Hindu American advocacy platform, the virtually-run event last week featured Hindu and Sikh representatives. However, it was at an interfaith service on Sunday, a day before the start of the convention (that ran Aug 17- 20).
- Rex Lee Jim – of the Diné (Navajo) tribe, a former Vice President of the Navajo Nation
- Marin Webster Denning – Milwaukee, Wisconsin: member of the Oneida Nation of Wisconsin
- Bishop William Murphy III – Atlanta, Georgia: Lead Pastor of The dReam Center Church of Atlanta
- Bishop Samuel Green – Columbia, South Carolina: African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Rabbi Lauren Berkun, vice president of the Shalom Hartman Institute of North America.
- Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of the advocacy group NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice
- Rev. James Martin, a Jesuit priest and editor at large of the Jesuit magazine America;
- Imam Al-Hajj Talib ’Abdur-Rashid, a Muslim social justice activist who leads the New York-based Mosque of Islamic Brotherhood.